[blfs-dev] systemd and GNOME was: Re: Planning ahead

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sun Aug 18 18:03:55 PDT 2013

"Armin K." <krejzi at email.com> writes:

> If you are able to make GNOME work without systemd, please post how you
> did it and I'll restore GNOME to the book. It's only true that power
> management won't work correctly without systemd.

Well, gnome-3.8 runs totally fine without systemd. I haven't done
anything except compiling the standard tarballs.

I haven't tested anything with power management, cause I really don't
care about it. I'm from Norway, we got waterfalls and shit.

Anyways, I haven't tested GDM, but GDM is not really GNOME, either.

So this is the reason the whole of GNOME was removed from the BLFS book;
because we're lacking power management and GDM?.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m