[blfs-dev] #3982: Firefox-23.0.1/Xulrunner-23.0.1

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Aug 18 09:49:17 PDT 2013

Em 18-08-2013 11:06, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> BLFS Trac wrote:
>> #3982: Firefox-23.0.1/Xulrunner-23.0.1
>
>>   * resolution:   => fixed
>> Comment:
>>
>>   Fixed at revision 11650.
>>
>>   Xulrunner, the first I built, needed over 3.3GB of memory, and ld died.
>>   Had to increase memory.
>
> Memory or disk space?  I wouldn't think anything needs 3.3G RAM to compile.
>
>    -- Bruce

This is reply N.2.

All 5 VMs finished. They run with 4 CPU's, are i686. Two, as I said
before, 1GB RAM, running in other host, 3 have 1.5GB, running on this
host that have many other things, including FF and TB, running as well.

In the other host, times were

SBU_TIME: 36.00411522
SBU_TIME: 35.76518218

In this host,
SBU_TIME: 49.10614525
SBU_TIME: 52.37500000
SBU_TIME: 59.61038961

Perhaps, again, the fact that I have an AMD_64 running on a i686 host
running inside a 32bit vmplayer explains why this machine always gave me
trouble. It was built to replace this host. Would copy and change
whatever needed, for physical, instead of virtual hardware, as done
before, is more practical than what I did with LFS7.2, built directly on
a physical machine. But as I have written before, discovered that, for
many reasons, still need 32bit. Then, waited for LFS7.4, to build a new
complete one, 32bit. I only need 64bit for creating OJDK binary for the
book. Hope to start building tomorrow.

--
[]s,
Fernando