[blfs-dev] systemd and GNOME was: Re: Planning ahead

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sat Aug 17 08:59:47 PDT 2013

Wayne Blaszczyk <wblaszcz at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> If that is the case then it should be mentioned somewhere that this is
> not the full GNOME suite, Otherwise people will be confused. I'm
> referring to Esben's post on the 22nd.

Thank you, I'm still feeling the effects of that.

> I think it would have of been a lot easier if the GNOME packages
> remained in the main book, and just to have a note on each package
> that required systemd, either by referring to LFS-systemd link, or
> just an external systemd link.

I'm reading so many places that gnome-3.8 is not actually depending on
systemd and that it should be possible to run gnome without systemd.

What exactly is preventing gnome-3.8 from running without systemd? What
errors are everybody experiencing who've tried that?

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m