[blfs-dev] [BLFS Trac] #3973: LibreOffice-4.1.0: troubles with dictionaries, help and languages support

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 16 19:57:42 PDT 2013

Em 16-08-2013 20:44, Wayne Blaszczyk escreveu:
> On 17/08/13 04:51, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>> Em 16-08-2013 15:32, BLFS Trac escreveu:
>>> #3973: LibreOffice-4.1.0: troubles with dictionaries, help and languages support
>>> --------------------+----------------------
>>>  Reporter:  fo      |       Owner:  fo
>>>      Type:  defect  |      Status:  closed
>>> Changes (by fo):
>>>
>>>  * status:  new => closed
>>>  * resolution:   => fixed
>>>

>> This was too big for this junior editor. Please, check if that is
>> allright, when revision 11640 appears in the -book list.
>>

> I think there is a typo on the last instruction?
> cp -vR dictionaries/en/* /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/extensions/dict-pt-BR
> should be
> cp -vR dictionaries/pt_BR/* /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/extensions/dict-pt-BR
> Apart from that, well done.

Thank you, Wayne. Fixed at revision 11641. Had to reformat some lines
and added a verbose to chmod.

> Do these fixes fix the neon latest version issue?

No, I do not think so.

I have downloaded the patch from gentoo, suggested by Armin. In Fedora,
they do differently, I had the impression they just switch to internal
neon, and make a joke, about who was responsible for the modification to
neon bring the problems.

However, have not hit the bug, because neon in the dev machine is older.
I was considering including it, but two things came to mind: first, like
Armin, I have not had a clear enough feedback of that user with the
problem; second, there was already too many things to test and edit.
Also, I was in doubt if Armin was intending to do it, himself. Perhaps I
should install the new version of neon and try everything, maybe tomorrow?

Have you (or anyone reading this) tested the patch?

--
[]s,
Fernando