[blfs-dev] [blfs-support] Trouble building LibreOffice-4.1.0

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Aug 15 06:14:42 PDT 2013

Em 14-08-2013 18:00, David B. escreveu:
> On 14/08/13 07:16, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>> The book uses --with-lang="" , that explains why the bug has not been
>> hit by strict use of copy/paste.
>> But also we have:
>> {{
>>   --with-lang="en-US pt-BR": This switch sets what languages to support.
>> en-US is always needed. To list several languages, separate them with a
>> space. For all languages, use --with-lang=ALL
>> }}
>> The easiest fix would be deleting any support for non-US locales, but I
>> cannot believe anybody would agree with that, for this package, at least.
>> A fix different from installing the binary packages from the Document
>> Foundation would be great, to return to normal status.  If we cannot
>> find it, I see no alternative other than including instructions on how
>> to install those language packs.
> There appear to be a couple of problems with the (new?) helper script, 
> bin/unpack-sources, which is intended to (automatically) untar the 
> translations (and help, if you build --with-help) tarballs, and set up 
> symlinks to the unpacked directories.
> Firstly, as someone has noted, the script needs to be set executable. 
> Secondly, the tar and/or find commands to untar and create symlinks 
> don't work properly together. Thirdly, one of the checks is incorrect.
> I've done the following:
> chmod +x bin/unpack-sources
> sed -i s/target\.mk/langlist\.mk/ bin/unpack-sources

I suppose this should be

sed -i 's/target\.mk/langlist\.mk/' bin/unpack-sources

> sed -i 's/tar -xf/tar -x --strip-components=1 -f/' bin/unpack-sources
> sed -i '/tar -x/s/lo_src_dir/start_dir/' bin/unpack-sources
> The tarballs are now untarred directly to the correct place in the 
> module tree (ignoring the symlink creation).
> The explicit commands to untar the translations (and help) tarballs in 
> the instructions in the book are now therefore unnecessary - you just 
> need the symlinks in 'src'. (Dictionaries still needs the manual untar, 
> (Previously, you would have ended up with two copies of the untarred 
> directories, i.e. 2 X 1.3GB)

Thank you very much for that, David!!!

I am still investigating, perhaps did something wrong.

As Armin had written somwhere else, the splash screen has the word "beta".

Any input here is welcome and thanks in advance for anybody replying to

The sed's from David almost corrected the build. The user interface in
my locale, pt-BR, was properly compiled. However, help and dictionary
was not generated. Had to use binaries, for them.

The script I have attached in a previous message was edited using
copy/paste from instructions I had used, but not directly tested. Now I
am attaching a new version for for x86_64. To transform into an x86,
just replace the 64 references: s/x86_64/x86/ and s/x86-64/x86/.

It is a ugly script, but works. Have tested in 5 machines. Remember that
I use a prefix different form the book.

For the moment, just the script works, just the sed's only give
translated UI. If I have no input from developers/editors, later today,
I will start another build, after trying to understand better the sed's
and build instructions, to see if I can solve with just fixes to

I have used "find" with argument \*BR\*, in the following.

Comparing only sed's to only binaries builds (from two different
machines), I have:

VMWLFS7.1 BR-support-compiled       LFS7.1NG-Binaries       Common
          86 files                       100 files         84 files
       2 are only here                16 are only here	

-----Files only in VMWLFS7.1 BR-support-compiled (with David's sed's):

-----Files only in LFS7.1NG-Binaries (with my ugly script):

To test the David's sed's, I have used:
      tar xf $SOURCEDIR/libreoffice-dictionaries-      \
          --no-overwrite-dir --strip-components=1                   &&
      ln -sv $SOURCEDIR/libreoffice-dictionaries- src/ &&
      ln -sv $SOURCEDIR/libreoffice-help-         src/ &&
      ln -sv $SOURCEDIR/libreoffice-translations- src/ &&

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: langpack-
Type: application/x-shellscript
Size: 2266 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/attachments/20130815/87de8a53/attachment.bin>

More information about the blfs-dev mailing list