[blfs-dev] [blfs-book] r11618 - trunk/BOOK/x/lib

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Mon Aug 12 03:21:27 PDT 2013

On 08/12/2013 12:16 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Armin K. wrote:

>>> You really think that is more readable?
>>>
>>>     -- Bruce
>>>

>> Same as with any other package. It's just  that others have = in
>> --prefix=/path ... so you can't align them like you did with this one.
>> Yet no one ever complained about readibility.
>
> If I could align the = signs, I'd do it, but it's not allowed by the
> syntax.
>
> I didn't complain, I fixed it, just like I align the backslashes.
>
>    -- Bruce

The aligning might be wrong if you ask me. Just try to re-run the last
command from history by pressing up arrow (the last command being the
configure line), you'll see tons of spaces between parameters making it
next impossible to interpret it correctly. I don't want to imagine how
that would look if you also had spaces between the parameter name and
the actual parameter.