[blfs-dev] [blfs-book] r11616 - trunk/BOOK/x/lib

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sun Aug 11 15:59:18 PDT 2013

On 12.8.2013 0:40, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Armin K. wrote:
>
>> And ton of another workarounds, variables and configure/cmake switches
>> we don't know yet.
>
> Not really.  I have about 4 years experience converting a large app from
> Qt3 to Qt4 and this is the way I did it.  Qt handles things like
> includes and libraries either in the .pro files or, for Qt code, in the
> mkspecs files.
>
> I was doing this while using KDE3 and later KDE4.  There's still some
> Qt3 stuff there and build and run are fine.
>
>     -- Bruce

Yeah, but KDE 4 uses CMake which (IMHO) isn't that friendly with known
env vars (see the phonon thread on -support). Also, see KDE instructions
which add few switches to find qt in non standard prefix or install
stuff into correct qt prefix and they wouldn't be needed if Qt is built
into one standard place. I dislike the idea and I won't support it. You
can, I won't get in your way.