[blfs-dev] mozilla packages

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 9 09:22:11 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 10:11:10AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> It looks like the http urls for mozilla packages have moved.  The FTP
> urls are OK.  Could someone take a look at this and update the http urls
> for firefox, thunderbird, etc.  Thanks.
>
>    -- Bruce

 The mirrors are probably busy, and one is out of date or has a
problem.  Tested a bit from ff23, then realised my local copy of the
book was slightly out of date (old seamonkey).  The links usually
worked, but the firefox and thunderbird links sometimes
timed out - up to half of the time - and then worked when I retried.
But it depends on which mirror is selected for you - For firefox I
started to repeatedly get:

Not Found

The requested URL
/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/23.0/source/firefox-23.0.source.tar.bz2
was not found on this server.

(unfortunately, no idea which mirror that is)

 After a few minutes. got a working link again.

 You will recall that I changed the link for ff-22.0 to a mirror at
sourceforge, and when you queried it I found that the original link
was working again.  Before that, I'd been getting a page saying that
the site had stopped providing mozilla, and that people should use
sourceforge.  I expect this is just a temporary problem at one of
the mirrors.

 NB I test from firefox instead of using wget, because I've already
got a local copy of ff-23, I don't want to repeatedly download
111MB (or actually download seamonkey, thunderbird), so the Cancel
button is what I use.

ĸen