[blfs-dev] [blfs-book] [BLFS Trac] #3523: giflib-5.0.4

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Wed Aug 7 23:46:30 PDT 2013

Em 07-08-2013 05:22, Armin K. escreveu:
> On 08/07/2013 02:36 AM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>>
>> A small problem, though, with giflib, in docs, I could not find the html
>> directory, only a whatsinagif:
>>
>> # doc/ changed in 5_0_4
>> # cd doc
>> # ls *
>> # 00README     gifbg.1       gifcolor.xml  gifinto.1    giftool.1
>> Makefile.am
>> # gif2raw.1    gifbg.xml     gifecho.1     gifinto.xml  giftool.xml
>> Makefile.in
>> # gif2raw.xml  gifbuild.1    gifecho.xml   giflib.1     gifwedge.1
>> # gif2rgb.1    gifbuild.xml  giffix.1      gif_lib.xml  gifwedge.xml
>> # gif2rgb.xml  gifclrmp.1    giffix.xml    giflib.xml   intro.xml
>> # gif87.txt    gifclrmp.xml  gifhisto.1    giftext.1    lzgif.txt
>> # gif89.txt    gifcolor.1    gifhisto.xml  giftext.xml  Makefile
>> #
>> # whatsinagif:
>> # animation_and_transparency.html  lzw_image_data_code_table.html
>> # bits_and_bytes.html              lzw_image_data.html
>> # comment_ext.gif                  sample_1_enlarged.gif
>> # gif_file_stream.gif              sample_1.gif
>> # global_color_table.gif           sample_1_trans_blue.gif
>> # graphic_control_ext.gif          sample_1_trans.gif
>> # header_block.gif                 sample_1_trans_red.gif
>> # highlight_green.gif              sample_2_animation_green.gif
>> # highlight_purple.gif             sample_2_animation_red.gif
>> # image_data_block.gif             sample_2_animation_yellow.gif
>> # image_descriptor_block.gif       sample_2_green_large.gif
>> # index.html                       sample_2_green_yellow_diff.gif
>> # logical_screen_desc_block.gif    sample_2_yellow_large.gif
>> # lzw_decoding_bytes.gif           trailer_block.gif
>> # lzw_encoding_codes.gif
>>

> xmlto should build them. At least they existed on my system. They appear
> just to be html versions of the manual pages.

Of course you are right! I was suspicious that I had done something
wrong, because the xml seemed to me as source for the html. Concerned
with openjdk, I failed to re-read giflib page, where you have written
all that. After installing xmlto, re-built and there they where,
earlier, yesterday.

Thank you for the reply and clarification.

--
[]s,
Fernando