[blfs-dev] A patch proposal

Denis Mugnier myou72 at orange.fr
Wed Aug 7 00:59:37 PDT 2013

On 08/07/13 03:19, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 07:16:46PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>> I'm generally OK with it, but we need to come up with a strategy for the
>>> Perl modules.  I generally use cpan -i<Module1::Name>  for those and we
>>> don't want that repeated in every section.  There are 13 separate
>>> modules listed and it seems like it would make for 13 very short pages.
>>    Installing from cpan is great if what you want to do is pull in the
>> dependencies automatically.  I've done it myself, on occasion.  But
>> I think most LFS users are sufficiently anal to want to know what is
>> pulled in - for that, running the commands by hand is the way to go,
>> is it not ?
> There is output of exactly what is being done: dependencies, build,
> test, install.  All you have to do is use tee and direct to a file.

My proposal is just to split the xml files, not the html rendering. One
xml file is one module, but all modules are on
the same page in the book.
My goal is to simplify the xml, but not to change the organisation of
the BLFS book ;o).

If you apply my patch, you can see that the python-modules page is the
same in the HTML rendering.
> Yes, and personally, I'd like to see that all on one page. -- Bruce

Denis