[blfs-dev] [lfs-dev] Planning ahead

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 5 05:16:53 PDT 2013

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 18:07:43 -0500, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> With that in mind, I would like to freeze LFS (mostly) on August 15 and
> release LFS-7.4-rc1.  The target date for LFS-7.4 will be 1 September.
> During the freeze period, some packages may be updated, but not gcc,
> binutils, or glibc.  Any update in the freeze period will be considered
> by the impact to the rest of the books - both LFS and BLFS.

I think we should also freeze the kernel major version, but allow updates
to the patch version; that is any stable updates to the 3.10.x series should
be considered on their merits during the freeze period.

Other than that, all I can say is congratulations on wrestling BLFS into
a releasable state; the amount of work being done on it is staggering.

Having just moved house, I won't have much time for the next week or so,
but hopefully after that I can start getting back in the game.

Kind Regards,

Matt.