[blfs-dev] [blfs-book] r11578 - in trunk/BOOK: . pst/scanning

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sat Aug 3 17:32:41 PDT 2013

Em 03-08-2013 19:39, bdubbs at higgs.linuxfromscratch.org escreveu:

> Tag last packge for lfs72.
> Remove lfs72 entities.
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/BOOK/general.ent
>    trunk/BOOK/pst/scanning/xsane.xml

> Modified: trunk/BOOK/pst/scanning/xsane.xml

> -    &lfs72_checked;
> +    &lfs73_built;

1. I swear I read from you in a post that all packages were already
tagged for lfs73, so I did not bother looking at this.

If you do not mind, I would like to change it to lfs73checked, I use it
regularly.

2. About the problem with the GIMP plugin for sane-frontends, found
references for it, e.g., in launchpad [1], reported in 2007, confirmed
in 2012, but no fix until now.

They mentioned and I tested:

$ xscanimage -gimp
xscanimage: GIMP support missing.

In [1], a work around in GIMP: first "create" a blank image in GIMP
using the menu or Ctrl-N, then, by magic, the plugin works.

Is it worth mentioning this in the page, next to the instruction to
create the symlink?

3. I would like to include a desktop file for xscanimage (took
xsane.desktop and just changed the package related words):

{{
cat > /usr/share/applications/xscanimage.desktop << "EOF"
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=XScanImage - Scanning
Comment=Acquire images from a scanner
Exec=xscanimage
Icon=xscanimage
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Application;Graphics
EOF
ln -sv -f ../sane/xscanimage-icon-48x48-2.png \
            /usr/share/pixmaps/xscanimage.png
}}

--
[]s,