[blfs-dev] [blfs-book] r11570 - in trunk/BOOK: . general/genlib general/prog introduction/welcome postlfs/filesystems

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sat Aug 3 01:21:33 PDT 2013

On 08/03/2013 02:44 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Armin K. wrote:
>> On 08/03/2013 02:10 AM, bdubbs at higgs.linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>>> Author: bdubbs
>>> Date: Fri Aug  2 17:10:59 2013
>>> New Revision: 11570
>>>
>>> Update to vala-0.21.1
>
>> unstable version
>
> I wondered about that, but I couldn't find where that is specified.
> When I looked at https://wiki.gnome.org/Vala, it indicates that both odd
> and even minors are valid.  At least 0.19.0 seemed to be valid.
>
>    -- Bruce

Well, it appears you didn't even check the contents of the package. I
remember that odd versions will create even versions of the binaries
(ie,  vala-0.19 installed valac-0.20 and such). And I said that all
packages hosted at gnome.org follow the odd/even release policy except
the ones I listed explicitly that don't (that I knew of).