[blfs-dev] other filesystem utilities

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 19:04:33 PST 2012

Andrew Benton wrote:

> Thanks to your message I've spent some time playing with gpt today
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table
> and I now think there's a good case for putting gptfdisk into LFS.
> fdisk and cfdisk are installed in LFS but if you have a GUID partition
> table they're no use. I think gptfdisk should be in LFS.

What about parted which is already in BLFS?

Actually, I think BLFS may be good enough.  We would need parted on the
host system.  If we need it after we boot into LFS, it can be built via
BLFS.

Also, util-linux plans to add GPT support into fdisk in version 2.22.
That's probably six months away.

I'm open to gptfdisk, but would like to see more discussion.