[blfs-dev] other filesystem utilities

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 18:08:56 PST 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:50:51 -0800
Nathan Coulson <conathan at gmail.com> wrote:

> **gptfdisk**
> I suppose we already have parted for handing gpt in blfs, but this is
> the utility I prefer.
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/gptfdisk/gptfdisk/0.8.2/gptfdisk-0.8.2.tar.gz
>
> make && install -m755 gdisk cgdisk sgdisk fixparts  /usr/sbin
>
> comes with gdisk (like fdisk), cgdisk, and sgdisk as well as fixparts
> [not sure what fixparts does yet].

Thanks to your message I've spent some time playing with gpt today
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table
and I now think there's a good case for putting gptfdisk into LFS.
fdisk and cfdisk are installed in LFS but if you have a GUID partition
table they're no use. I think gptfdisk should be in LFS.

Andy