[blfs-dev] Apache-2.4.1 needs a sytem Apr and Apr-util

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Tue Feb 28 19:05:26 PST 2012

--- Em ter, 28/2/12, Andrew Benton escreveu:

> De: Andrew Bento
> Assunto: [blfs-dev] Apache-2.4.1 needs a sytem Apr and Apr-util
> Para: "BLFS Development List"
> Data: Terça-feira, 28 de Fevereiro de 2012, 21:38
> Hello,
> I've just been having a look at Apache-2.4.1.
> Although ./configure --help says:
>    --with-included-apr
>    Use bundled copies of APR/APR-Util
> However, when I try to configure it --with-included-apr I
> get:
>
> Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...
>
> configure: error: Bundled APR requested but not found at
> ./srclib/. Download and unpack the corresponding apr and
> apr-util packages to ./srclib/.
> andy at eccles:~$
>
> So it seems that we either need to download them on the
> Apache page or
> add them to the book as separate pages and make apr a
> required
> dependency. Apr probably should be in the book as it's a
> required dep
> of Subversion. Anyone have any thoughts on this issue? Any
> volunteers
> to do the work ;)
> Thoughts? Suggestions?
>
> Andy
> --

You probably know that I have apr-1.4.6 and apr-util-1.4.1 installed, so, I have interest in these.

FWIW, I have built Apache-2.4.1 just to test for this post, with DESTDIR, which apparently is ignored and all are built in the source directory, but not installed in DESTDIR.

apr-util was found:

checking for ldap support in apr/apr-util... (cached) no
configure: WARNING: apr/apr-util is compiled without ldap support

Could not find suexec, but suexec.c and suexec.h are in the support directory. Perhaps it is only built in install stage.

I used:

./configure                    --enable-mods-shared=all \
                               --enable-so

[]s,
Fernando