[blfs-dev] hal

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 28 16:42:28 PST 2012

 Is there any reason why we still have hal in the book ?

 I just attempted to comment it out, and found it is referenced from
autofs, pciutils, gvfs, x7server, gnome-applets, kdelibs, kdebase,
gnome-vfs, gimp, gst-plugins-good, pulseaudio, k3b.

 Some of these (e.g. gnome-applets - I haven't tried to build that
so far) are hopefully left in the book from when it *was* an optional
dependency, others such as gnome-vfs are so old that we should just
comment it from them.

 But, many of these are things I wouldn't touch with the proverbial
barge-pole (as, indeed, was hal).  So, does anyone use hal ?

ĸen