[blfs-dev] gnucash brokenness

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Mon Feb 27 08:11:31 PST 2012

--- Em seg, 27/2/12, Armin K. <krejzi at email.com> escreveu:

> De: Armin K.
> Assunto: Re: [blfs-dev] gnucash brokenness
> Para: "BLFS Development List"
> Data: Segunda-feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2012, 8:33
> I'm sorry for mailing like this, but
> somehow I managed to send email before I finished writing
> it. Dumb webmail.
>
> Anyways, let's continue
>
> GNUCash was configured with
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
> --localstatedir=/var --libexecdir=/usr/lib --enable-ofx
> --enable-dbi --enable-python-bindings
>
> (Do note I have libdbi and libofx installed as well as
> python 2.7)
>
> I use pcre 8.21 and hence there's no need for sed here.
> Alternatively, there isn't pcre 8.30 on their sourceforge
> page, so I guess it may not be ready just yet.
>
> Also, I use libgsf-1.14.22, and indeed it doesn't provide
> -gnome library nor gconf schema files.
>
> goffice version is 0.8.17, compiled without any problems.
>
> I don't compile gnome according to book instructions but to
> my own. As I stated in some earlier mails, I don't like
> /etc/gnome/whatever ... I keep everything in /etc so that
> means I have /etc/gconf not /etc/gnome/whatever/gconf
>
> Of course, I have also gnome deprecated packages which are
> necesary. Why do some people have such urge to remove them?
> There aren't that long obsoleted and also have been that
> much long there for many apps to use it. Porting away from
> it will take time. So, just keep it, they don't hurt. You
> keeped GTK+1 for a long time and you didn't complain, did
> you?

Thank you very much, Armin!!!

Build successfull

Verified: Gnucash-2.4.10 build seems to break without the patch.

Build and works with the patch!

Slib-3b3 installed using ArchLinux build instructions.

Did some mistakes, so it took so long.

Please, escuse me, but I will reply to you more properly later.

Tnaks again.

[]s,
Fernando