[blfs-dev] gnucash brokenness

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Feb 26 21:37:35 PST 2012

Thank you very much for your reply, Ken and Andy.

Em 26-02-2012 21:44, Ken Moffat escreveu:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 06:15:23AM -0800, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>> Em 25-02-2012 22:19, Ken Moffat escreveu:
>>>  I started to look at what this would need, but there's a bigger
>>> problem - gnucash wants gtkhtml-3 : I'll be updating the book to -4
>>> shortly for gnome-3.  Now I did manage to build the old version
>>> last week, but only by getting rid of the built-in defines to warn
>>> or error about deprecated things :
>>>  sed -i 's/-D.*DEPRECATED/ /g' configure
>> I used --disable-deprecated-warning-flag, after I read your previous posts.
>>
>  Thanks for that - in the meantime, I rebuilt it using what I think
> is the correct set of fedora patches re guile-2.0, but with webkit-1
> instead of gtkhtml : it still falls flat on its face and gives a
> traceback of scm files (with guile-2.0), so I guess that gtkhtml
> (whether with your clean fix or my dirty fix) is not the problem.
>
>  I can't see myself getting time to try to build guile-1.8 in
> /opt/deadparrot/, so reinstating gnucash is dependent on someone who
> can can do that, preferably with guile-2.0 in /usr.

I do not have yet guile-2.0 in /usr, but have installed guile-1.8.8 and slib-3b2 installed in /opt/deadparrot, now. (I do not know howto do it and at the same time have the other one). Scripts attached. Need to be cleaned and perhaps modify some directories.

>  LFS has always been about living on the bleeding edge, although
> fedora and debian-unstable users often bleed a bit more, so I don't
> think that reverting the book's (main) version of guile to 1.8 is
> the correct thing to do.
>
> ĸen
The new installation of gnucash-2.4.10 uses guile and slib packages in /opt/deadparrot. Also, I used new dependencies all in BLFS Version 2012-02-26, except when they were too old and the build broke. This the case for webkit-1.6.3 (I am not using gtkhtml for this build), as I had a newer glib-2.31.16 than the book's glib-2.30.2, and webkit-1.6.1 refused to make. The build started at the same stage of LFS 7.0 svn that I had backed up before doing the the previous build.

I could test guile-2.0.3 with the patches you have, please can you provide them or give me directions?

In the following, the sequence used:

guile-1.8.8
slib-3b2
libIDL-0.8.14
ORBit2-2.14.19
dbus-glib-0.98
GConf-3.2.3
libgnome-keyring-3.2.2
popt-1.16
libart_lgpl-2.3.21
libglade-2.6.4
gnome-mime-data-2.18.0
gnome-vfs-2.24.4
libbonobo-2.32.1 (can be after popt)
libgnome-2.32.1
libgnomecanvas-2.30.3
libbonoboui-2.24.5
libgnomeui-2.24.5
libgsf-1.14.22
goffice-0.8.17 (reinstall using sed)
gsettings-desktop-schemas-3.2.0
glib-networking-2.30.2
libsoup-2.36.1
webkit-1.6.3 (no introspection, as I do not plan to use Gnome desktop)
goffice-0.8.17 (with sed)
gnucash-2.4.10

in goffice-0.8.17:
      sed -i -e \
      's/pcre_info (r, NULL, NULL)/pcre_fullinfo (r, NULL, 0, NULL)/' \
      goffice/utils/regutf8.c

Thanks again.

--
[]s,