[blfs-dev] gnucash brokenness

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Feb 26 06:15:23 PST 2012

Em 25-02-2012 22:19, Ken Moffat escreveu:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 07:17:02PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>>  We've been using guile-2 since 13th November.  If it was practical
>> to install the old version beside it, that might be the way to go,
>> but it looks to me as if the only way to do that would be to put
>> guile-1.8 in a different prefix and ensure that prefix came at the
>> start of $PATH and $PKG_CONFIG_PATH when building gnucash, and was
>> otherwise ignored.
>>
>  I started to look at what this would need, but there's a bigger
> problem - gnucash wants gtkhtml-3 : I'll be updating the book to -4
> shortly for gnome-3.  Now I did manage to build the old version
> last week, but only by getting rid of the built-in defines to warn
> or error about deprecated things :
>  sed -i 's/-D.*DEPRECATED/ /g' configure

I used --disable-deprecated-warning-flag, after I read your previous posts.

>  No idea if what resulted was usable.  There *might* be an
> alternative - build webkit with gtk2 so that it produces the
> webkit-1 versions instead of webkit-3 which is what gnome uses -
> and then use --with-html-engine=webkit in gnucash.

I believe you know, it is possible to have both installed webkit-1 and webkit-3. I have not yet succeeded to make any prefectly usable by Midori, though. This is a issue I have had for some months, and eventually would like to ask for help in the support list.

>  To say nothing of the required deprecated gnome packages that I've
> actually stopped building.  If I were to try this, I think I'd put
> all these gnucash-only deps, and perhaps gnucash itself, into /opt.
>
> ĸen

I have hesitated to write this post.

I have a backup of the machine in a state anterior to gnucash and I am willing to try it now, i.e, start again building gnucash"by the book to be".

Which ones should be moved?

Already in /opt/gnome-2.30.2
ORBit2-2.14.19
GConf-2.28.1
gnome-mime-data-2.18.0
libbonobo-2.24.3
libgnome-keyring-2.30.1
libgnomecanvas-2.30.1
gnome-vfs-2.24.4
libgnome-2.30.0
libbonoboui-2.24.3
libgnomeui-2.24.3
gtkhtml-3.32.2 	(--disable-deprecated-warning-flags, after Ken Moffat)

Still in /usr
libart_lgpl-2.3.21 	move to /opt/gnome-2.30.2
guile-1.8.8 	move to /opt/gnome-2.30.2
slib-3b2 	move to /opt/gnome-2.30.2
libIDL-0.8.14
dbus-glib-0.98
popt-1.16
docbook-xsl-1.76.1
eggdbus-0.6
audiofile-0.3.3
esound-0.2.41
libglade-2.6.4
libgsf-1.14.22
goffice-0.8.10 	(goffice-0_8-pcre-8_30.patch) (will use sed, instead)
enchant-1.6.0
gnome-icon-theme-2.30.3

--
[]s,