[blfs-dev] VLC-2.0.0

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 25 15:37:35 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 12:21:02AM +0100, Ragnar Thomsen wrote:

> Diff to add the VLC media player. Quite a dependency list to go through.

 Wow, I've never seen so many optional deps, I like the way you've
broken them up (I think it's a new departure for the book, but I
like it).

 BUT - unless 2.0 is *very* different from 1.1.12 I really think you
ought to mark QT4 as recommended - my experience of vlc-1.1.12
without QT was that it worked using my installed ffmpeg, but it
really gave me no more functionality than ffplay.  With a skin, it
is much more usable, and certainly at that time QT4 was needed for a
skin.  Comments ?

 Again, I haven't done a line-by-line review, nor attempted to
render it (at the moment, I'm too busy with boost).

ĸen