[blfs-dev] gnucash brokenness

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sat Feb 25 07:56:56 PST 2012

Thank you for your message, Andy.

Em 25-02-2012 09:27, Andrew Benton escreveu:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:05:20 -0800 (PST)
> Fernando de Oliveira <famobr at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> guile-1.8.8
> Are you suggesting that we go back to guile-1.8.8? What others think
> about this? Is it a good solution?
>
> Andy

I was trying to build gnucash-2.4.10, using what I used before in other LFS systems.

I am happy to have succeeded, because without gnucash, for me, a desktop is useless, thus my worries. I know no other such program which can break a transaction in sub-levels.

I build and use HomeBank 4.3, just to double check that all the main transactions are there and  the sums coincide, but it cannot sub-level transactions, as far as I know, and seems to have been discontinued. I do not remember which one, in a distribution I have installed (Sabayon?), the upgrade always asks to remove the "unmaintained" homebank.

Long ago I decided to keep guile-1.8.8, due to my impossibility of building gnucash, cannot remember if it was guile or other which failed to build.

After gnucash was built, I searched other distributions for used guile and gnucash:

ArchLinux                       1.8.8              2.4.10
Fedora release 16 (Verne)       1.8.8              2.4.9
Ubuntu 11.10                    1.8.8              2.4.7
openSUSE 11.4 "Celadon"         1.8.7              2.4.0

For me it is easy to keep guile-1.8.8 as I believe, I use it just for gnucash.

--
[]s,
Fernando