[blfs-dev] gnucash brokenness

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sat Feb 25 06:38:39 PST 2012

Em 25-02-2012 08:23, Armin K. escreveu:
> It's pcre 8.30 regression. pcre_info has been changed to pcre_fullinfo.
>
> http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-commit/2012-02/msg01190.html
>
> (Note I haven't tried anything from there)
Thank you very much indeed, Armin! :)

Gnucash-2.4.10 is now installed and running in "LFS7.0 svn".

For the record,, perhaps I did not copy correctly, i did not find the file to patch. By hand I edited and generated another patch:

diff -Nau goffice-0.8.10/goffice/utils/regutf8.c-orig goffice-0.8.10/goffice/utils/regutf8.c > $HOME/sshfs/blfs/gnucash/goffice-0_8-pcre-8_30.patch

After editing to remove "-orig", it worked. Please, find it attached.

I had read in

http://www.pcre.org/pcre.txt:

> The  function  pcre_fullinfo()  is used to find out information about a
> compiled pattern; pcre_info() is an obsolete version that returns  only
> some  of  the available information, but is retained for backwards com-
> patibility.  The function pcre_version() returns a pointer to a  string
> containing the version of PCRE and its date of release.

I was trying to find a solution, thinking that would be difficult to find which file in pcre or goffice was referring to the deprecated function, when saw your mail.

--
[]s,
Fernando