[blfs-dev] git-1.7.9.1

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Feb 23 13:48:48 PST 2012

--- Em qui, 23/2/12, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:

> De: Bruce Dubbs
> Assunto: Re: [blfs-dev] git-1.7.9.1
> Para: "BLFS Development List"
> Data: Quinta-feira, 23 de Fevereiro de 2012, 16:42
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 06:52:12PM +0000, Andrew Benton
> wrote:
> >> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:37:19 -0800 (PST)
> >> Fernando de Oliveira

> it is easier and no necessity of asciidoc.
> >> Do you have something against asciidoc? It's just
> one download as
> >> opposed to the 2 that you suggest. Also, it can be
> used by other
> >> packages. On my system it is used by gegl and libXi
> as well as git.
>
> >  I prefer not to recreate docs when I can just
> download them, but
> > it's your call.
>
> I agree with Ken, but in several cases in the book we do
> give the user
> the choice of regenerating docs.  Perhaps mentioning
> both methods would
> be appropriate.
>
>    -- Bruce

I was asleep yet, when writing last message.

After Ken and Bruce, thinking again and will probably keep downloading.

Further reasons:

Its simpler and easier just

download, download, uncompress, uncompress

than

download, uncompress, configure, make, make install, remove

and in git

make man, make install-man

Also, new package, new problems, errors and incompatibilities possible.

Finally, it is not one, but two, if I remember xmlto, also cited in the book (Not yet installed in LFS"7.0 svn"):

download, uncompress, configure, make, make install, remove

for xmlto also.

Again, I will keep downloading pages.

Again, it would suffice to refer to them in the pages, if you do not want to modify installation instructions for the page?

But, as they say, it is your call.

Thanks again

[]s,
Fernando