[blfs-dev] git-1.7.9.1

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Feb 23 09:37:19 PST 2012

--- Em qui, 23/2/12, Andrew Benton <b3nton at gmail.com> escreveu:

> De: Andrew Benton <b3nton at gmail.com>
> Assunto: Re: [blfs-dev] git-1.7.9.1
> Para: blfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org
> Data: Quinta-feira, 23 de Fevereiro de 2012, 14:20
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:27:12 -0800
> (PST)
> Fernando de Oliveira <famobr at yahoo.com.br>
> wrote:
>
> > LFS "7.0 svn", 6.8, 6.7, 6.5.
> >
> > I noticed that BLFS does not install any more
> git-manpages-1.7.9.1.tar.gz and git-htmldocs-1.7.9.1.tar.gz
>
> Installing the manpages requires asciidoc which is not in
> the book. It
> is listed as an optional dependency. Or are you suggesting
> we should
> download the man pages separately?
>
> Andy

Thanks for your reply, Andy.

Well, I do install them from downloaded ones, it is easier and no necessity of asciidoc.

wget -c https://git-core.googlecode.com/files/git-manpages-1.7.9.1.tar.gz &&
wget -c https://git-core.googlecode.com/files/git-htmldocs-1.7.9.1.tar.gz

then tar -xf ... -C ...

I do not remember from which old version of BLFS, or elsewhere, I took the instructions.

I do not know which one "putting the instructions" or just "referring to the possibility" would be the best way for the book. But ignoring their existences, would not be my choice.

[]s,
Fernando