[blfs-dev] Rox Filer

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:08:40 PST 2012

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:34:51 -0600
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew Benton wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'd like to add Rox Filer to the book. Rox is a file browser, a bit
> > like Nautilus or Konqueror but it doesn't need a whole desktop
> > environment to install. Both it's dependencies are in the book. It
> > works well with a lightweight window manager like Fluxbox.
> > Any objections to me adding it to the book?
>
> Not really.  I personally don't like any file browser (I use find,
> locate, ls, grep, etc).  However, some people do -- and an alternative
> that doesn't need all the overhead of kde or gnome would be a reasonable
> addition.

Thanks. I need some advice about where to put it in the book. Somewhere
in the xsoft seems appropriate, but it's not an office program (is the
gimp an office program?) or a web browser or an internet program.
Should I make another folder for graphical file managers? Or would it
fit better somewhere else?

Andy