[blfs-dev] Phonon and its backends

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:29:12 PST 2012

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:15:54 +0000
Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> 2. You added an external link to VLC as a required dependency.  Our
> current policy is that required (and recommended) dependencies
> should be in the book.  Yes, that increases the workload.  For
> vlc-1.1.12 (new release was out this week, I haven't tried it yet) I
> built libdvdread-4.1.3 and libdvdnav-4.1.3 using a patch from PLD to
> correct where its users look for headers (include/dvdnav instead of
> include/libdvdread). I see that libdvdread-4.2.0 is now in the book,
> with luck that will provide all the needed functionality.

libdvdnav-4.2.0 is available from the same download location as
libdvdread-4.2.0 http://dvdnav.mplayerhq.hu/releases/ it installs in
the same way as libdvdread: you run ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr instead
of configure. It installs its headers into /usr/include/dvdnav. Should
libdvdnav be in the book? Xine-lib can use it (though configure --help
warns against it).

Andy