[blfs-dev] Git-1.7.9 issues

Thanos Baloukas baloukasthan at sch.gr
Fri Feb 17 15:26:58 PST 2012

On 18/02/2012 12:03 πμ, Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:50:51 +0200
> Thanos Baloukas<baloukasthan at sch.gr>  wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody
>> I just subscribed on this list. I hope I can help.
>>
>> The book states python-2.7.2 as required dependency. I'm not sure if the
>> INSTALL source tree's file is up to date, but it says nothing about
>> python. Except zlib that is in LFS, it states ssh, Perl, openssl,
>> libcurl, expat, Tcl/Tk and gettext as dependencies. I also looked on the
>> web and found python as optional for various helper scripts.
>
> Have you tried installing it without python installed? The build fails
> like this:
>      SUBDIR git_remote_helpers
> make[1]: /usr/bin/python: Command not found
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 127
> make: *** [all] Error 2

You are right. I tried to build after renaming /usr/bin/python and had
the same failure. What confused me was that there was not any reference
to python in config.log, configure.output and compile.log, which are
the build logs I save on each installation. However, if you try to decrypt
configure you see the dep on line 2739.

Thanos