[blfs-dev] LVM2 bootscript

Qrux qrux.qed at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:58:54 PST 2012

>> At least that was the case for me; if it's being auto-detected for
>> you, could you send me your kernel config?  Obviously that's
>> preferable...
>
> I validated your comments.  I also need to run 'vgchange -a y'
>
> What do you think of adding a line to the start of the start code of
> checkfs:
>
> if [ -x /usr/sbin/vgchange ]; then
>   /usr/sbin/vgchange -a y >/dev/null
> fi

On a related note...I wish LVM2 would install into /bin.  What if /usr is mounted?

How about adapting the LVM2 page to force install into /bin with some config option, or just manually moving it after the install?  I'm already doing this for /usr/bin/head -> /bin/head (though I'm not sure if that's right, or if the LFS bootscript needs to be fixed to not use head).

> I think it needs to go in checkfs so the scripts have a chance to run
> fsck on the logical volume.  This is basically what you have in the lvm2
> script, but without all the overhead of another script.

Sure--I guess it could go into checkfs (before mounting the stuff in fstab).  I just separated it because LVM2 isn't in LFS, so a separate file seemed cleaner.  I don't know what the guidelines are for keeping this stuff separate.