[blfs-dev] LVM2 bootscript

Qrux qrux.qed at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 02:38:48 PST 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 8:55 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Qrux wrote:
>> On Feb 13, 2012, at 8:40 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DM set?
>>
>> Absolutely.
>>
>> When you boot and do lvdisplay -a, do you see "LV Status: available"?
>
> I'll have to get back to you on that.  When I was doing RAID, I turned
> off LVM in the kernel.  I need to rebuild and retest.  It's a little too
> late for me tonight.

"After rebooting the system or running vgchange -an, you will not be able to access your VGs and LVs. To reactivate the volume group, run:

# vgchange -a y my_volume_group"

	--http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/activatevgs.html

I was just asking if you knew for sure the VG autodetect also enabled LVs.  I'm fairly sure the VGs are detected, but the LVs aren't available on reboot.