[blfs-dev] [blfs-book] Files in BLFS svn missing on anduin

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 09:13:17 PST 2012

Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 10:36:35 +0000
> bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>
>> Missing emacs-23.4.tar.gz
>> Missing pcre-8.30.tar.bz2

> Just a random thought.
> I've seen these emails hundreds of times but it's only just occurred to
> me; if you have the name of the package and you have the wget-list it's
> not hard to:
>
> wget $(grep ${missing-package} wget-list)

The list is generated on anduin daily, but the master repository is at
Oregon State University.  When I update the master, I check things like
md5sum and make sure the file is placed in the right directory.

The structure of the files is somewhat complicated.  For instance, the
perl modules are all in one subdirectory.  There is also a tree of
symbolic links from svn to the conglomeration.  The old svn links have
to be deleted and new ones added when a package is updated.  I do have a
script that I wrote to help, but there are enough exceptions that each
package update has to be checked manually.

To see the structure, take a look at ftp://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/BLFS/