[blfs-dev] Package statistics

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 11 05:56:14 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 09:34:29PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken,
>    brasero, eog, and empathy do not have size/space/time data.
>
>    -- Bruce
 True.  There will be others.  Of the approx 180 packages, some are
not dependencies of what I regard as essential, nor things that
interest me, so I haven't built them.  Some other packages will have
size, but not space/time.  Once it's all in, I can go back and look
at them.

 AFAIK, everything has an md5sum.  Would it help if I ensured there
was a download size ?

 I'm taking the view that (having built enough of gnome to get a
workable desktop) the important thing is to get the packages and
instructions (even though some of the instructions/dependencies may
be slightly obsolete for current gnome-3.2).

ĸen