[blfs-dev] qemu-kvm

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:04:53 PST 2012

Qrux wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2012, at 1:26 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>> You know I added kvm-qemu to BLFS a couple of days ago, right?
>
> I added a BLFS-style markdown page:
>
> https://github.com/qrux/xlapp/blob/master/README-blfs.md
>
> It tries to mimic the style of the BLFS book.  I'm hoping it can make
> it into the book if someone will take a stab at translating it into
> the appropriate SGML, etc.
>
> I'm not sure about putting the config into this page, the way you did
> for KVM.  It's a pretty lengthy subject.  How about creating an
> additional page(s) (also in the Virtualization section) for each virt
> system?  I know it might be a bit unusual, and perhaps without
> precedent, but (as Nathan said earlier) VMs are sort of in this gray,
> meta, territory.

What you have is a pretty good start.  I can take that and move it into
docbook form pretty quickly, but not soon.

A separate page for "Running Xen" would be fine.  We still need to know
what executables, libraries, and directories it installs.  We also need
an explanation of the non-standard commands (e.g. mv check_x11_devel NOUSE)

I'm not sure what Dev86 is.  I suspect some sort of development tools
for x86 HW, but I haven't seen it before.