[blfs-dev] Problems with 7.2-rc1

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 31 18:32:01 PDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 01, 2012 at 02:41:47AM +0200, Armin K. wrote:
> On 1.9.2012 2:05, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> >   First, what I hope is a local problem : /dev/sr0 is owned by
> > root:cdrom with mode 660.  /dev/cdrom links to it and I'm in the
> > cdrom group.  But when I use cdrdao, writing only works for root.
> > Weird, but it isn't something I've done before on this machine,
> > perhaps it's not even a new problem.
> >

> Try adding your user to cdrom group? On Debian, user is added there by
> default iirc.
 I'm in the cdrom group.

> > Boost : Both 1_51_0 and the book's 1_50_0 build, but
> > "threading-multi" is not a valid target and stops the install.
> >

> Ugh, it should be threading=multi, not threading-multi ... Is it like
> that in the book?

 Probably my eyesight.  I don't have the book in front of me at the
moment, but it seems likely I misread it, so I'll remove that claim.

> >   I've no idea if it was gcc-4.7 or glibc-2.16.0 which caused that
> > change, but gcc seems more likely.
> >

> I think it's the boost itself. That problem didn't occour with 1.49.0.

 LOL - I have a low opinion of boost (e.g. the devs have no interest
in allowing a DESTDIR, and seem to think that building boost where it
is to be installed is the correct thing to do.

 I s'pose this means I need to fix my boost build, and then rebuild
gnash just in case the threading problem caused it to be useless.

 Thanks for the comments.

ĸen