[blfs-dev] samba's swat and xinetd

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:26:04 PDT 2012

A while back we removed xinetd because it required old libraries that we
didn't want to support and problems with portmap.

I've been working on samba and the only way they support the graphical
configuration is via inetd or xinetd.  We've removed both of these.

I looked at xinetd and they have a new version as of 9 May 2012.  It
builds with one minor sed to add -ltirpc.  It is even builds clean with
one other minor sed to remove some overzealous optimization.

Should I add xinetd back to BLFS?   It's been saved in the archive
directory so it wouldn't be hard.