[blfs-dev] LFS-7.2-rc1 is released

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 14:39:28 PDT 2012

The Linux From Scratch community is pleased to announce the release of
LFS Version 7.2-rc1. This is the first release candidate on the road to
LFS-7.2. It is a major release with toolchain updates to both glibc and
gcc. In total, 28 packages were updated from LFS-7.1 and changes to
bootscripts and text have been made throughout the book.

We encourage all users to read through this release of the book and test
the instructions so that we can make the final release as good as possible.

You can read the book online
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/7.2-rc1/), or download
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/7.2-rc1/) to read locally.

Please direct any comments about this release to the LFS development
team at lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org. Please note that registration for
the lfs-dev mailing list is required to avoid junk email.

   -- Bruce Dubbs
      linuxfromscratch.org