[blfs-dev] [blfs-book] [BLFS Trac] #3413: CUPS 1.6.1

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 22 13:36:13 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 02:27:56PM -0000, BLFS Trac wrote:
> #3413: CUPS 1.6.1

> Changes (by Krejzi):
>
> Comment:
>
>  Fixed in r10491, r10492, r10498 and r10499
>
>  Updated CUPS to 1.6.1 and added CUPS Filters package wich contains paralel
>  and serial backends plus numerous filters that were dropped from CUPS with
>  1.6.0 release.
>
>  Testers welcome.

 Works for me :)  I took a look at openprinting and saw that their
ijs was old, with upstream now in ghostscript, so I kept
ghostscript.  One of my many mistakes - I haven't built the ijs part
for years.  As you note, ijs is required for the cups-filters to
build, so I had to use the version in the book.
Note to myself: FBBG

 This is with my epson R360, using usblp and without libusb, using
gutenprint-5.2.8.

 As is traditional in new versions of cups (or perhaps its libxml2),
the epson R360 ppd doesn't show up, but the R260 works.  I've even
got tux the penguin on the test page.

 Nice job, at least for my printer.

ĸen