[blfs-dev] Formatting for PDF Output

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 22 08:37:04 PDT 2012

Hi all,

There are a few places in the book where long extended commands inside
<screen><userinput> tags are not legible in PDF output. Here are our choices:

1) Not worry about it and comment out the PDF generation from the Makefile.

2) Create files that can be downloaded instead of having to cut and paste
from the book.

3) Split up the long <screen><userinput> sections into smaller chunks that
would fit on PDF pages. This would not affect cut and paste ability.

Examples of what I am talking about are the mozconfig files (which already
are downloadable) and the commands to create an initramfs. My preference is
to split the sections into smaller chunks, but I'd like to get everyone's
take on the issue.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.24] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
10:26:01 up 1 day, 21:30, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00