[blfs-dev] I Have a Question (was: Re: Introduction)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 20 17:26:22 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 06:31:51PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 08/20/12 12:48 CST:
> > I am going to build a current SVN LFS and use that as my base system for
> > development of BLFS, unless y'all think it would be better to use the
> > last stable LFS. Please let me know.
>
> Perhaps my question got lost in my introduction. But I would like to know
> what y'all think is the best platform to use to begin updating the BLFS
> book.

 In the, somewhat unlikely, event that this mail gets through (my
mails from a few hours ago don't seem to have reappeared in my
inbox), svn is now probably good enough [ timezones should now be
correct - only people running test-suites will notice :) ].  But as
Armin noted, it hasn't had much use in BLFS so expect some build
breakage.

 The same sorts of sed as in LFS will generally do it : thanks for
reminding me that I need to update cpio (but, it can wait until I've
got a minimal desktop built on that system.

ĸen