[blfs-dev] [blfs-book] [BLFS Trac] #3521: GMime-2.6.10

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Mon Aug 20 14:03:46 PDT 2012

On 08/20/2012 10:56 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Comment(by Krejzi):
>>
>>    In GNOME 3.4, not all packages were able to use gmime-2.6, so I decided to
>>    keep 2.4. I'll upgrade it when I upgrade GNOME. Also, I must ask you not
>>    to report for anything that is related from GNOME. I will handle all of
>>    them when I upgrade GNOME. When the time comes, I'll create one single
>>    ticket with all packages that point to release dir so we don't get lot of
>>    tickets for that if that is okay with you guys? This will also include
>>    glib, pango, gtk+ and such.
>
> Sounds like a good plan overall, but for me I don't know which libraries
> go with Gnome.  For instance pango and gtk+ are in the section labelled
> X libraries.  I know these packages are also used outside of Gnome.
> Should there be a separate section, something like Gnome General Purpose
> Libraries?
>
>     -- Bruce

For current GNOME that is in the book, these are the packages that are
marked as "core" by upstream

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/core/3.4/3.4.1/sources/

For current GNOME that is being developed, these are the packages that
are marked as "core" by upstream

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/core/3.5/3.5.5/sources/

As for the "X libraries", you are right. But I guess it is easy for me
to upgrade all of these packages when I do major GNOME upgraded since
mostly new stable versions (even minor version) come with GNOME stable
releases. I have no problem if anyone else wants to do it. I was just
thinking about one trac ticket that will handle all of the packages in
the mentioned links so we avoid creating many tickets.