[blfs-dev] [blfs-book] r10512 - in trunk/BOOK: . general/genutils introduction/welcome

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Tue Aug 14 15:36:02 PDT 2012

On 08/15/2012 12:32 AM, DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 08/14/2012 09:19 AM, krejzi at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>> Author: krejzi
>> Date: 2012-08-14 08:19:20 -0600 (Tue, 14 Aug 2012)
>> New Revision: 10512
>>
>> Modified:
>>      trunk/BOOK/general.ent
>>      trunk/BOOK/general/genutils/xscreensaver.xml
>>      trunk/BOOK/introduction/welcome/changelog.xml
>> Log:
>> XScreenSaver 5.19.
>>

> Armin, do you think it useful to add an autostart file to the
> instructions (with instructions to remove gnome-screensaver.desktop)?
>
> I have:
>
> dj [ ~ ]$ cat /etc/xdg/autostart/xscreensaver.desktop
> [Desktop Entry]
> Exec=xscreensaver -nosplash
> Icon=xscreensaver
> Terminal=false
> Name=Screensaver
> Comment=Screensaver daemon
> Type=Application
> NoDisplay=true
>
> -- DJ Lucas

I don't mind. I use it as replacement for gnome-screensaver, but I
provide gnome-screensaver-compat package which provides same executables
including gnome-screensaver and gnome-screensaver-command. They are
symlinks to xscreensaver ones. I just provide them if something tries to
run either of these. Do you want to do the work?