[blfs-dev] The future of BLFS

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 12 15:20:17 PDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-12 at 23:05 +0200, Armin K. wrote:

> I would also like to use this thread to ask LFS devs if there are any
> plans for LFS freeze so I can build -dev platform and use it to build
> GNOME plus fix other packages that are possibly broken with glibc-2.16
> upgrade.

Yes, we'll be freezing for 7.2-rc1 shortly. 7.1 was released on
2012-03-02, so I'd imagine LFS will be freezing around 1 week from now,
2012-08-19 to give us a 2 week RC period before releasing 7.2 on
2012-09-02.

Alas, work stuff looks like it will once again get in my way for doing
much release wrangling, and I was sorry to see on the LFS news page that
I last cut a release 18 months ago.  I'll obviously help out when and
where I can though.

Regards,

Matt.