[blfs-dev] LibreOffice 3.6.0

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 10 20:41:47 PDT 2012


Hi, Ragnar.

Instructions are much the same as for the version in the book. I do some
things differently, though.

1. I install in /opt.

2. I use symlinks in /usr/bin, instead of scripts.

3. With sed, I modify the installed .desktop files.

None of these seem to be important differences, Andy's choices are good,
obviously.

The switches I used have three important differences. First, the switches:

VERSION=3.6.0.4 &&
PACKAGE=libreoffice-$VERSION &&


      ./autogen.sh                                                \
            --prefix=/opt/$PACKAGE                                \
            --sysconfdir=/etc/libreoffice                         \
            --enable-split-app-modules                            \
            --enable-crashdump                                    \
            --enable-gtk3                                         \
            --disable-binfilter                                   \
            --disable-gnome-vfs                                   \
            --disable-gconf                                       \
            --disable-kde                                         \
            --disable-kde4                                        \
            --disable-mozilla                                     \
            --disable-odk                                         \
            --disable-systray                                     \
            --with-system-boost                                   \
            --with-system-cairo                                   \
            --with-system-curl                                    \
            --with-system-expat                                   \
            --with-system-icu                                     \
            --with-system-jpeg                                    \
            --with-system-libpng                                  \
            --with-system-libxml                                  \
            --with-system-neon                                    \
            --with-system-nss                                     \
            --with-system-openssl                                 \
            --with-system-stdlibs                                 \
            --with-system-zlib                                    \
            --with-build-version="$VERSION"                       \
            --with-lang="pt-BR"                                   \
            --with-num-cpus=$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)          \
            --with-package-format=native                          \
            --with-vendor="LFS-BLFS"                              \
            --without-java                                        \
            --without-krb5                                        \
            --without-gssapi                                     &&

The important differences with previous version 3.5.5.3 are:

            --without-krb5                                        \
            --without-gssapi                                     &&

I do not have them installed. (previous versions did not need these
switches) and failed to build with system poppler:

            #--with-system-poppler

My script is not very clean, but I can post it, if you wish.

About version: it is *my fault* that we are using four digit version. I
have seen a distro that does like that, but can't remember which one.
The LO site has: "This release is bit-for-bit identical to the 3.6.0
Release Candidate 4, so you don't need to download or reinstall if you
have that version already." Therefore, even if it is not strictly wrong,
I believe, we should change (as my mind has already) to using 3.6.0
version, instead of 3.6.0.4, which seems to refer to a specific release
candidate, not version.

Finally, for some statistics:

Because the host hardware (new HD) and software (from *buntu to LFS
SVN-20120311 "7.1") have changed, just built "Binutils-2.22 - Pass 1"
using the same make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN), in my case, -j4, to
obtain ne SBU:

    *1 SBU = 55.421s*

Thus,

    Core Download (HTTP): http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/src/3.6.0/libreoffice-core-3.6.0.4.tar.xz

    Core Download MD5 sum: 67cf97e86c75363238a371f64ef5f606

    Core Download size: 103 MB

    Estimated disk space required: 7.1 GB (446 MB installed)

    Estimated build time: 55 SBU

-- 
[]s,
Fernando



More information about the blfs-dev mailing list