[blfs-dev] [BLFS Trac] #3413: CUPS 1.6.1

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 12:59:59 PDT 2012

BLFS Trac wrote:
> #3413: CUPS 1.6.1

> Changes (by Krejzi):

>   Foomatic DB is available from
>   http://www.openprinting.org/download/foomatic/, so if Bruce would like to
>   host it, please download 2 db packages (the 4.0-date and non-free-date
>   one) and put it somewhere so we could cover it in the book if necesary. I
>   would do the work.
>
>   Gutenprint update is also available, and I will check that one too when I
>   manage to upgrade CUPS.

I'm not sure why we would need to host files that are available at
openprinting.org.  Is it just that you want to lock in a developemnt
version?

BTW, I have a postscript printer (HP) that also understands PCL.  Is
there something you would like tested?  I generally run the printer off
my wife's computer, but I can switch it to my LFS development system for
testing.  The printer is parallel only and I use a parallel<->usb
converter cable, but my development system can use either parallel or usb.