Boost building

Tobias Gasser lfs at ebp-gasser.ch
Sun Mar 13 14:05:15 PDT 2011

Vladislav Kuzkokov schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
>> As gzip and bzip2 are installed both in chap 6 of LFS, they should be
>> available on every system in usual locations.
> That's part of my problem. Those instructions don't have to work out
> of LFS context.

it's *B*LFS, thus LFS is required.

>> I think either the libs are available, then they should be found without any
>> settings, or the libs are not installed, then i wonder what kind of OS that
>> may be ;-)
>
> Ubuntu 10.10 (not too exotic). The thing is, it separates libbz2 which
> I had and libbz2-dev for headers.

most distros seperate the packages an have *-dev for the headers and
other files that are not needed but are required for developpment. with
LFS you always have the dev stuff installed.

the lfs scripts run out of the box on an (b)lfs system, but for any
other distro you probably have to research yourself what dependent
packages from your distro you have to install. usually the configure
will tell you what's missing, or the make will fail with missing libraries.

tobias