KDE4 commited

Thomas Trepl thomas at equinox.homelinux.org
Wed Mar 9 12:41:03 PST 2011

Hi all,

while facing the possibility of being killed, hated and banned by all the
other book maintainers I just commited a set of new pages with instructions
for KDE4. I know the pages are full of textual insufficiences and I'm sure
technical changes will happen.
If there are great lacks (and I know there are some) in detailed descriptions
or somewhere else, I hope we can work together to fill them. And I hope that
the pages give a starting point where we all could work on to bring them to a
level which is good enough for being a BLFS book page.

Ah, yes, the KDE version. I know the 4.6.1 is out since a few days. The KDE
project seems to often make new releases so i don't think its to bad being
late with 4.6.1, next month there will be a 4.6.2 - so maybe upgrade directly
to this one. Currently i write this mail on the KDE 4.6.0 installation which
I've created while writing the pages and it works fine at all.

What is missing is a section about the languge packs.

--
Thomas

PS: I said in the ticket #2453 that my installation seems to be quite
unstable, crashing from time to time. Sometimes in a reproducable manner. In
the meanwhile, I'm pretty sure that it is an issue with the ATI driver.
Switching off the desktop effects, switched off the crashes too.