Variability in build times.

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 16:50:08 PDT 2010

>On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 01:12:50 +0200 (CEST)
>Uwe Düffert <dueffert at uwe-dueffert.de> wrote:
>
> If thats the case then using an SSD should improve the relyability of
> build times. I'll run a series of builds of the same package this
> night (binutils as well for comparison) on a quite fast SSD and
> report back.

If you'll be comparing with my times, be advised that I changed my mind
about binutils and will use glibc in order to minimise caching. The
logic being that, since it is bigger, the main memory won't be able to
stretch and encompass all the files. Maybe.

I'm also thinking about adding something C++ based in the mix too.

--
-Aleksandar Kuktin