NAS and rman

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 15:35:44 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 1:17 PM, DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Does anyone use NAS anymore?  How about rman?  Seem to be two packages
> that can go now.  NAS has yet to be autotooled and it probably hasn't
> built by the book in the past 2 years, and nobody has noticed.
I don't use NAS. It's obsolete, and it can go. As for rman, (and Imake
and xorg-cf-files), I'd keep them, as you never know when you might
run into an application using that build system (eg: Transfig/Xfig, in
my case). Additionally, Imake is required for KDE 3 to build and
configure.

As a side note, I'd like to see Xorg Server 1.9.0 in the book instead
of 1.8.2. It's faster, and it handles the fontdir sensibly without
sedding.
--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.