UPower with GNOME 2.32

Duncan Baynes duncan.baynes at operand.com.au
Sat Oct 9 19:17:55 PDT 2010

On 04/10/10 04:19, DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 10/03/2010 11:03 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:
>

>> Actually, looks like bad advice I gave.
> And still doing so...
>
>> This check was added to gobject-introspection
>> on Septermber 29th.  This likely means that upower
>> is actually broken in some (minor?) way.
>>
>> http://osdir.com/ml/general/2010-09/msg53570.html
>>
>> I'd roll back to a previous version of upower, or roll back to
>> GOI-0.9.7, while waiting for a fixed version of upower (or get to
>> hacking on upower (check upstream first)).  Problem with rolling back
>> GOI is that you'll potentially miss other 'broken' packages.
>>

> Digging a little deeper, looks like they removed gobject about a month
> ago upstream.
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/upower/commit/?id=a20798dc9c27f42d0ccce3b6a7b964b59b5d02e2
>
> Final suggestion until I actually get around to it myself is to disable
> gobject-introspection, either manually (see the toplevel makefile.am and
> configure.ac changes, with autoreconf) or by configure switch if available.
>
> Also, might want to go ahead and apply this too (until new upower-0.9.6
> is released).
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/devkit-devel/2010-August/000880.html
>
> -- DJ Lucas

Sorry for the delay in my response - I haven't had a chance to look into
this until now.

Still no luck getting upower to compile, even upower 0.9.6 failed.

I've disabled gobject-introspection in upower with the configure switch
--enable-introspection=no for the moment and moved on.

Thanks for the help!