Nvidia drivers and release candidate kernels

jon public at pitchblende.org
Tue Oct 5 13:03:10 PDT 2010

Hello,

This is the second time I've had problems installing the proprietary
NVIDIA (Geforce 8200) drivers after deciding to try an -rc
kernel. Is this an ongoing issue? It seemed I'd found a solution a while
ago but when I tried the /customized/ build of the drivers I had around
it didn't solve the problem. Tried the latest:
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.53.run and got nowhere.

Not sure if this is enough information but was just hoping someone had
found a patch or something.

Regards,

John